Here you can find the current release of MiToBo for download. Likewise older versions and additional libraries required to run MiToBo can be found here.
For detailed information on the installation process take a look at the Installation page.
Current release (v1.4.2)
The current release of MiToBo is 1.4.2.
Since release 1.3 we support Maven for managing MiToBo's resources.
You can download the release files as well as the Maven artifacts from our Maven server.
Using MiToBo with ImageJ 1.x:
For using MiToBo with ImageJ it is the easiest to download the distribution zipfile,
which already includes all dependencies and ships with some scripts to run MiToBo's operators and plugins out of the box. See the installation instructions for further information.
On the server you can find...
- ... the MiToBo core distribution including documentation, release 1.4.2: https://moon.informatik.uni-halle.de/archiva/repository/releases/de/unihalle/informatik/MiToBo/mitobo/1.4.2
- ... MiToBo's ImageJ plugins to use MiToBo with ImageJ, release 1.4.2: https://moon.informatik.uni-halle.de/archiva/browse/de.unihalle.informatik.MiToBo/mitobo-plugins/1.4.2
- ... and some helper jars (... note that these are already included in the distribution jars of the core and the plugins packages):
MiToBo's implementation requires at least Java 1.6 (but Java 1.7 is not yet fully supported).
Detailed information about MiToBo, its API and usage, can be found in MiToBo's User and Programmer Guide.
- MiToBo-Guide, Version 1.0 pdf
- Chipory - a graph visualization tool for displaying MiToBo history graphs
Chipory is an extended version of the Chisio software developed at the Bilkent University in Turkey.
The zip file below contains all necessary files. Download this file and unpack it into a folder of your choice.
- To use Chipory on a Linux system with 32-bit architecture just type './Chipory.sh'.
- In case that your machine has a 64-bit architecture running Linux, call './Chipory_64.sh'.
- For Windows with 32-bit architecture a self extracting installer including an executable of Chipory is available.
Download the current release:
Source code for Chipory is available upon request.
Earlier releases of MiToBo (< 1.3)
Since release 1.3 MiToBo's resources are available from our Maven archive server: 
Binaries, sources and documentation for versions older than the current release, but at least of version 1.3 or newer can be found there.
All other releases can be accessed via the list below.
|1.2||zip||zip||zip||May 17th, 2013|
|1.1||zip||zip||zip||March 1st, 2013|
|1.0.5||zip||zip||zip||October 23rd, 2012|
|1.0.1||zip||zip||zip||July 6th, 2012|
|1.0.0||zip||zip||zip||April 26th, 2012|
|0.96||zip||zip||zip||September 01, 2011|
|0.95||zip||zip||zip||June 08, 2011 (updated June 22nd, 2011)|
|0.9||zip tar.gz||zip tar.gz||zip tar.gz||October 26, 2010|
Requirements (for MiToBo < 1.3)
MiToBo requires Java 1.6 or later.
Note: Java 1.7 is currently not fully supported!
The following external jars are needed to run MiToBo plugins and use the code.
Note that the binary zip file already includes all jars required, there is no need for explicit download!
MiToBo depends on the following external jars:
- ImageJ, >= Version 1.47d
- XMLBeans, Version 2.5.0
- XStream, Version 1.3.1
- LIBSVM, Version 3.1
- Loci Tools, Version 4.3.3
- Jama, Version 1.0.2
- JavaHelp, Version 2.0_05
- SezPoz, Version 1.9
- JGraph, Version 184.108.40.206
- JAI ImageIO, Version 1.1 (only required for MiToBo 0.9)
Project internal libraries
MiToBo also relies on some libraries provided by the MiToBo project itself.
In particular XML schemes for representing the history graphs and MiToBo's online help are included in separate jar archives.
You do not need to download these libraries explicitly. If you download the binary zip file all jars and libraries are already included.
The MiToBo internal archive files included in the zip file are the following ones:
- ALDGraphml, Version 1.0.0 (Alida extensions for graphML):
- Binary jar
- MTBXml, Version 1.0.0 (MiToBo XML I/O for several datatypes, based on XMLBeans):
- Binary jar
- MiToBo-Help, Version 1.0.0 (MiToBo JavaHelp pages):
- Binary jar
The following library is only required for MiToBo-0.9:
- MTBImageIO-Ext, Version 0.9 (improved image I/O based on ImageIO-Ext):